So, a fairly positive spin on “Of Chaos” presented to human worshipers of the cults goes like this:
- In the beginning, existence was a formless, infinite void of possibility and connection
- Time and Death arrived; destabilizing the whole thing (the universal consciousness) to fear, loss, and regret
- Pettty tyrants known to mankind as gods prospered by putting the jackbooted heels of oppression against the week and helpless, investing in a hierarchy designed such that each level prospered on the misery of their inferiors
- The Unknowable eldritch beings outside time and space want to free us from the limits of history, misery, and death
- The Undead and shapeshifters*!
* “Nowere’s on first!”