Discern Realities: When you closely study a person, roll +WIS as usual. On a 10+, ask the GM up to 3 questions from the list below. On a 7-9, ask 1
Either way, take +1 forward when acting on the answers (Parley, for instance)
- What is this person’s apparent alignment?
- How can this person be useful to me?
- Who does this person answer to?
- What’s the most interesting thing to happen to this person lately?
- What is this person being dishonest about?
- Which of this person’s weaknesses is the easiest to leverage?
- Offense taken, further social interaction Moves against this target will fail (on two or more of this kind of mishap, social interaction from anyone in the party will fail)
- This person is a member of a powerful secret society, and you’ve just attracted the wrong kind of attention
- You’re nice and distracted for the pickpocket
- You have to answer the GMs three questions (above) honestly for your character, and word gets back to the wrong folks about the answers
- Suddenly, ogres!
- Dance for your supper, monkey
- Your henchmen question their loyalty to you